The Dentist is responsible for administering, maintaining,
and expanding a program of primary (and in selected cases, secondary) care and
preventive dental care in a small group practice setting.
1. Performs quality clinical and radiographic evaluations to
diagnose and treat diseases of the oral cavity.
2. Promotes oral health by providing educational information
on all phases of preventive and restorative dentistry and oral hygiene.
3. Reviews and follows all dental office protocols,
policies, and procedures
4. Documents and follows treatment plans that include
appropriate preventive and restorative therapy.
5. Manage medical/dental history with a comprehensive
evaluation of the patient's general health.
6. Address all contra-indications pertaining to treatment
and identify patient's chief complaint or reason for visit.
7. Maintain the baseline radiographs and any other
radiographs necessary to diagnose and treatment education, racial, ethnic and
8. Ability to work effectively with managers, co-workers,
members of the public and professional groups.
9. Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, concisely
with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing),
consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service attitude. Consistently
maintains ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair
standards, inclusively, among all employees and members of the public.
10. Ability to work as an effective team member; function
independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative; be flexible to shift
priorities; maintain confidentiality; establish and maintain effective
interpersonal work relationships, effectively assist providers; work toward
goals and objectives of draft priorities.
11. Ability to follow Dental Group practice guidelines –
including adhering to the Dental Group immunization policy and the Dental Group
Mission and Vision and Dental Group Corporate Compliance Policy.
12. Ability to receive constructive feedback including
evaluation of provider’s productivity and practice attributes.
13.. Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to
participation on clinical committees, providing education, Quality Review
and/or other activities.
License and/or Certification
· Licensed to practice as a
Dentist in NYS
· Current CPR certification
· Valid Driver’s License
· Must be able to meet and
maintain current credentialing and privileging requirements.